This one-day course introduces students to the basics of image management and Aperture’s powerful photo-editing, image-retouching, proofing, and publishing features. Students learn effective ways to display images for client review, apply metadata, update your online portfolio automatically, and more. Real-world exercises feature professional photography from a variety of genres, including, sports, wedding, commercial, fine-art, and portraiture.
- Importing multi format images including RAW from a variety of media including iPhoto, disks and media cards
- Managing and adding metadata
- Using projects, albums and Smart Albums to organize images
- Evaluating images using a variety of display methods and techniques including the Light Table
- Indexing Photos with Faces and Places
- Non-destructively adjusting and stylizing images for web and print production
- Delivering images as files, books, web galleries and web journals and backing up Libraries, Project and individual images
- Creating automated workflows for photo shoot production
A Quick Tour of Aperture
Identifying Interface Elements, Importing Images from a Memory Card, Working with Images in the Browser, Rating and Rejecting Images and Sharing Photos. Generating Aperture Previews and setting Aperture Preferences.
Adding and Managing MetaData
Importing Files from the Finder, Customizing Import Settings, Displaying Metadata, Using Keywords, Editing Metadata Views and Presets and Sorting and Filtering your Project.
Performing Nondestructive Edits to Correct Tone and Colour
Making Adjustments in Full Screen View, Enhancing an Image, Improving Highlights and Shadows, Adjusting Image Levels, Converting colour images to Black and White and Comparing Image Versions. Working with Colour in the Enhance Controls, Controlling Image Vibrancy, Selectively Improving Colour Using the Colour Controls and Working with Curves
Making Local Adjustments with Brushes
Using Brushes, Adding and Erasing Brush Strokes, Smoothing Skin, Brightening Areas Using the Dodge Brush, Darkening Areas Using the Burn Brush, Applying a Brush to an Entire Image, Correcting Halo Artifacts, Retouching Images, Cloning an Image, Making a Brush from an Adjustment and Creating Multiple Instances of a Brush
Working with RAW Images
Working with RAW + JPEG Pairs, Comparing RAW and JPEG Files, Decoding a RAW File, Adjusting Boost and Hue, Using Sharpening and Noise Reduction, Removing Moire from RAW Images, Saving RAW Fine-Tuning Presets
Creating Dynamic Slideshows
Using Slideshow Presets and Albums, Using Titles, Transitions and Photo Effects, Mixing Music and Sound Effects, Working with Video, Editing to the Beat, Editing on the Fly and Sharing Slideshows
Presenting Your Photos on the Web
Posting to Facebook, Flickr, and MobileMe, Creating a Web Journal, Adding Images to a Web Journal, Changing and Modifying Web Journal Themes and Publishing a Web Journal