Before you consider asking for a larger quota, please check that you do not have
any unwanted email. Please check your
Deleted Items and
Junk E-Mail folders
(both of which count towards your overall mailbox size) and consider, for
example, removing items from your
Sent Items folder. Some of those emails may
be very old.
Sent Items is a two stage process;
Sent Items are automatically placed into your
Deleted Items folder from where
you should delete them again in order to reduce your mailbox size.
You can check for more information about your mailbox via the OUCS Self-Registration Pages (log in required).
- Extra quota required (there is a charge for each GB over 3 GB, per month)
- (For clarity) what you require your quota to be
- The name of the mailbox (and the primary email address associated with it)
- The end date, if the extra quota is expected to be temporary (otherwise state "never")
- Financials Cost Centre to be charged (typically two letters followed by four numbers)
- Financials Natural Account (if not 77120)
- Financials Activity Code (a two-digit number)
- Financials Source of Funds (five alphanumeric characters)
Your ITSS will apply for your extra quota at https://register.it.ox.ac.uk/itss/nexus_quota (ITSS only). The charge for your quota will be taken in arrears in February and August, for the preceding six-month periods. Your departmental administrator will receive a statement shortly before the funds are transferred directly via Oracle Financials.
If you are applying from a college, you must raise a purchase order to OUCS who will invoice you when payment is due. Your IT support must apply for your extra quota through the form at https://register.it.ox.ac.uk/itss/nexus_quota (ITSS only).
- OUCS charges 6 months in arrears, every 6 months
- The charging periods are August-January and February to July
- The billing dates are February and August
- Each applicant must have a cost centre (or other financial mechanism, especially regarding Colleges) in place at the time of application
- A minimum charge is 1 month for the maximum number of GB additional quota requested
- OUCS charges for complete months only where a month is 30.25 days, i.e.
- The charge is strictly for quota and not for disk usage. OUCS does not monitor disk usage and someone’s usage could be very variable (high last week, but low today).