1. The IT Services Help Centre
Please note: the Resources of
Self-Service Printing, Scanning, Windows and Apple Mac machines have now been
This does not affect the poster printing service or the help desk. Usage of the self-service facilities has been declining over recent years. IT Services is now considering what type of centralised IT resource would better meet the University’s needs and would like to hear from you. To discuss the closure or ideas for the future, email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a meeting.
The IT Services Help Centre is the initial point of contact for all of our front-line user support services. The Help Centre is located on the ground floor at 13 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 6NN. Click here for travel instructions and a map.
- Local IT support staff
- provide your first level of on-the-spot help - links to local IT support pages are available for most colleges and departments.
- Help Options
- IT Services provides help in several ways:
- The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page answers many common problems, provides a search facility and links to our Help Request Form. Use this form to request help from the Help Centre.
- You can also contact us by phone - (2)73200 and choose the Help Centre option. Please have your University Card to hand.
- You can visit the Help Centre in person, where our staff will help to sort out your IT-related problems.
- To email the Help Centre please use the Help Request Form .