Please note: the Resources of
Self-Service Printing, Scanning, Windows and Apple Mac machines have now been
This does not affect the poster printing service or the help desk. Usage of the self-service facilities has been declining over recent years. IT Services is now considering what type of centralised IT resource would better meet the University’s needs.
The IT Services Help Centre is the initial point of contact for all of our front-line user support services. The Help Centre is located on the ground floor at 13 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 6NN. Click here for travel instructions and a map.
- Local IT support staff
- provide your first level of on-the-spot help - links to local IT support pages are available for most colleges and departments.
- Help Options
- IT Services provides help in several ways:
- The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page answers many common problems, provides a search facility and links to our Help Request Form. Use this form to request help from the Help Centre.
- You can also contact us by phone - (2)73200 and choose the Help Centre option. Please have your University Card to hand.
- You can visit the Help Centre in person, where our staff will help to sort out your IT-related problems.
- To email the Help Centre please use the Help Request Form .
Staff for the Help Centre are drawn from all parts of IT Services. The training they receive for their work in the Help Centre aims to enable all staff to deal with a wide range of common problems. Different staff can also share some of their own specialist expertise with the rest of the team so that the Help Centre can solve a high proportion of requests and problems at the initial stage.
Katherine Craddock is the manager of the Help Centre, assisted by her deputy manager, Stuart Robeson. You can contact the Help Centre managers with any comments or suggestions you have about the service. Please DO NOT email your IT problems to the managers - use the Help Request Form linked from the bottom of the Help Page for this.