IT Services are working on behalf of Apple Sales International when it carries
out warranty repairs on Apple Mac computers owned by the University or its members.
Please be aware that Apple Sales International have the final say on whether a hardware
fault qualifies for a warranty repair or not. Fault diagnosis is usually carried out
within 1-2 working days of receiving the equipment and, for qualifying warranty repair
claims, the job is usually completed within 2-3 working days of the arrival of
To take up the Apple Warranty Repair Service
please follows these steps:
- Check the warranty provisions of you Apple Mac computers to ensure that you are
eligible for this service. If you are in any doubt, please note this in the
problem details field and we will check your warranty status.
- Fill in the Enquiry Form below
- We will reply via email, generally within two working days, confirming whether
your computer is under warranty.
- If you would like to proceed with the work, please bring the machine into IT
Services, Banbury Road site between the times stated in the reply.
- If we discover that a warranty repair is not possible, for instance because the
equipment shows signs of accidental damage, we will contact you to discuss how to
- **Please Note** Apple Warranties do not cover software errors or operating system failures and therefore software work is chargeable at our standard rates.
Please note that the Apple Warranty Repair Service is only available for Apple
computers owned by Oxford University or its members and covered by the
manufacturer's warranty. Accidental damage to hardware due to sharp impacts,
exposure to extreme temperatures or liquid spillage are not covered by the