IT Services - Standard Conditions
- IT Services will use all reasonable endeavours to carry out the work described above
("the Service"), but unforseen problems may limit the extent of any work carried out.
Performance of the Service is subject to the University's standard conditions and
limitations, as set out on the reverse of this receipt, and to the special conditions in
paragraph 2-5 below.
- If your equipment includes a hard drive, it is your responsibility to ensure that any
important data on it is securely backed up prior to its being left at IT Services, Banbury
Road site, to protect against possible loss or corruption. IT Services cannot accept
responsibility or liability for any data which might occur in equipment under its control
on which it is attempting to effect a hardware or software repair. IT Services recommend
that at least two copies of important data are maintained on separate media.
- It is your responsibility to protect the confidentiality of the data on your
equipment, if confidentiality is important, and to inform IT Services of such data. IT
Services cannot accept responsibility or liability for any breach of
- IT Services cannot accept responsibilty for any hardware failures that might occur
spontaneously whilst the equipment is in its possession.
- IT Services accepts no responsibility for faults that are existing at the time the
machine is brought in and which are not explicitly covered by the work to be
- Once notified that the equipment can be collected, it is your responsibility to do so promptly. You will be invoiced for the disposal of any equipment not collected within 3 months of notification.
Oxford University - Standard Conditions and Limitations
- The University will make every effort to perform the Service with reasonable care and skill. However, the University is a charitable foundation devoted to education and research; and in order to protect its assets for the benefit of those objects, the University imposes the following conditions on the performance of the Service, and the following limits on the University's liability. None of the succeeding sub-clauses (and none of the paragraphs in the Equipment Receipt) will operate to exclude or restrict any liability which the University may have for death or personal injury resulting from negligence.
- The University makes no representation or warranty that advice or information given by any of its employees, students, agents or appointees who work on the Service, or the content or use of any materials, works or information provided in connection with the performance of the Service, will not constitute or result in infringement of third-party rights.
- The University accepts no responsibility for any use which may be made of any work carried out, nor for any reliance which may be placed on such work or results, nor for advice or information given in connection with them.
- No condition is made or to be implied nor is any warranty given or to be implied as to the quality, life or wear of any materials supplied, or that they will be suitable for any particular purpose or for use under any specific conditions.
- The University's liability arising in any way out of the performance of the Service will not extend to loss of business or profit, or to any indirect or consequential damages or losses.
- In any event, the maximum liability of the University under or otherwise in connection with the
- performance of the Service shall not exceed the return of all money paid for the Service.
- If any of the above sub-clauses is held to be invalid or unenforceable under any applicable statute or rule of law then it shall be deemed to be omitted, and if as a result the University becomes liable for loss or damage which would otherwise have been excluded then such liability shall be subject to the remaining sub-clauses.