This service is operated on a cost recovering basis for University members' equipment which cannot be repaired under the terms of the Computer Hardware Breakdown Service. Repairs can be carried out on both PCs and Apple Macintosh computers, as well as USB memory sticks and external hard drives. The service is operated in collaboration with Equinox Maintenance Limited and some equipment is sent off site for repair.
* If you require a data backup or operating system re-install in conjunction with this service we offer a discount on the total price - please ask via the enquiry form.
- Fill in the Enquiry Form below
- If it is essential to you that your equipment be repaired on site, please specify this in the 'Full details' section of the form. Please be aware that the requirement for an on site repair could lead to some delay in the repair time.
- We will reply via email, generally within two working days.
- If you would like to proceed with the work, please bring the machine into IT Services, Banbury Road site between the times stated in the reply.
- Before (or whilst) you drop off your equipment, payment of a non-refundable minimum labour charge of £35 including VAT is required via the IT Services On-line Shop. This will be deducted from the total cost of any work carried out but remains with us to cover administrative, preparatory and diagnostic work if you decide not to proceed after a firm quote is made.
- If it becomes apparent that the work will cost more than the preliminary quote, we will inform you and await approval.