This service is operated on a cost recovering basis for University members' equipment which requires an upgrade or cannot be repaired under the terms of the Computer Hardware Breakdown Service. Repairs can be carried out on both PCs and Apple Macintosh computers, as well as USB memory sticks and external hard drives. The service is operated in collaboration with Equinox Maintenance Limited and some equipment is sent off site for repair.
Most manufacturers are catered for. Wherever possible, only good quality, branded parts from well-known manufacturers are used, consistent with economic pricing. Typical repair times are 7 to 14 working days and all repairs and upgrades are carried out with a 90 day warranty on parts and labour unless otherwise advised.
Please ask about any other work not listed above. The usual labour charge is £60+VAT per hour with a minimum charge of £48 inc VAT. In some circumstances we can also fit parts which you have purchased elsewhere at this hourly rate. Please note, however, that we do not provide any warranty for parts we have not sourced and will make an additional charge for removal if this proves necessary for supplied parts which are faulty or non compatible.
* If you require a data backup or operating system re-install in conjunction with this service we offer a discount on the total price - please ask via the enquiry form.
- Fill in the Enquiry Form below
- If it is essential to you that your equipment be repaired on site, please specify this in the 'Full details' section of the form. Please be aware that the requirement for an on site repair could lead to some delay in the repair time.
- We will reply via email, generally within two working days.
- If you would like to proceed with the work, please bring the machine into IT Services, Banbury Road site between the times stated in the reply.
- Before (or whilst) you drop off your equipment, payment of a investigation fee of £48 including VAT is required via the IT Services On-line Shop. This will be deducted from the total cost of any work carried out but remains with us to cover administrative, preparatory and diagnostic work if you decide not to proceed after a quote is made.
- If it becomes apparent that the work will cost more than the preliminary quote, we will inform you and await approval.