1. What do you want to exclude from backup?
The HFS TSM package comes with a set of default exclusions coded in the TSM configuration file: on these please see further our page on files and folders excluded from backup. While these default exclusions should not generally be modified or removed, they can be added to.
- I want to exclude one or more specific files, or a range of similar files:
- see excluding files.
- I want to exclude one or more folders:
- see excluding folders.
- I want to exclude one or more drives or partitions:
- see excluding drives or partitions.
- I want to exclude everything except certain files or folders:
- see excluding everything specific files or folders.
- I am experienced with TSM exclude rules and want to see basic examples of the different options available:
- see basic exclude examples.