- You are leaving the university - the software is licensed and configured specifically for use within Oxford University only.
- You are having problems with TSM and so have been asked to remove and reinstall TSM.
- You are upgrading to a new machine and no longer wish to back up the old one.
- You no longer need to back a machine up.
- If you have TSM running, first of all quit the program.
- Stop the TSM Scheduler running: go
[TSM Tools for Administrators]and select either
[Stop the Client Acceptor Daemon]or
[Stop the Scheduler]. You will be prompted to enter your Mac's local administrator password.
- Open a terminal window (via
[Terminal]) and enter the following commands:
sudo /Library/Application\ Support/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin/uninstallApi.sh sudo /Library/Application\ Support/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/uninstall.shYou will again be prompted for the local administrator password, but no characters will appear on screen as you type: type your password as usual and press
- Additionally, you may want to remove the TSM configuration files - this is important to do if you need
to change your TSM nodename. (On OS X 10.4.7 and later these files are
TSM.PWD; on earlier versions of Mac OS X they are
TSM System Preferences,
TSM User Preferencesand
TSM.PWD.) To remove them, enter the following command:
sudo rm -rf /Library/Preferences/Tivoli\ Storage\ Manager