4. Restoring files and folders
[Tivoli Storage Manager]>
[TSM Tools for Administrators]. (You must use the TSM Tools for Administrators menu - if not then you may not be able to see all your files for restore.)
- Highlight the files and folders you wish to restore by ticking the grey boxes next to them (ticking the folders automatically selects all the files and sub folders underneath them).
If you can't see some files you were expecting to see then this may be because they are inactive - that is, deleted prior to your last backup. If such files appear to be missing then click on
[View]and then chose
[Display active/inactive files](see further 3. Recovering previous versions/deleted data).
- The number of files inspected and restored should be identical, and the number of those failed should be zero.
- If the number of files failed is greater than zero, then please review the section below titled 5. More information about restoring data to check for your error message(s).
- If the number of files failed items is zero, then this indicates a successful restore of your data.
If you have restored to a new machine then there are some tasks that need to be completed: please see the section 2.1. Tidying up after restoring to a new machine.