4. My computer has moved to a different network
If your workstation undergoes a name change from, for example, XYZ.OLD-DEPT to XYZ.NEW-DEPT, then please e-mail us at email@example.com to let us know, and we can rename your account.
If you have only a small amount of data then another possibility is for you to re-register the new machine name for an HFS Backup account. You can do this via the IT Services self-registration page. If you do so then we would strongly recommend that you take the opportunity to upgrade your TSM software. Proceed then as if you were backing up a new machine - i.e. back up manually first and only start scheduled backups once you have completed backing up all your local data.
- Your new department may have a different day for its scheduled weekly backup.
- If your e-mail address is also going to change, please e-mail us to let us know so that we can keep your contact details up-to-date.
- You must let us know that you have re-registered your machine via firstname.lastname@example.org . This will allow us to hold the backup data attached to your old account for an agreed time, in case you need to recover any of it (see next item).
- If you need to restore data from your old account, please review the section 'Restoring your data to another machine' in the relevant interface section of Using your TSM Client to Backup & Restore .