- Intervention at the client (user) end - the user forcibly cancelled the backup/stopped TSM services, or switched the machine off during the backup.
- Intervention at the server end - the backup may have been cut off from the HFS server for exceeding a daily limit.
- Failure (e.g. crashing) of the client machine.
- TSM client machine going into sleep mode/state of hibernation.
- Several large files causing multiple connection timeouts between the server and client.
- Dropped network connection either at the client end, or somewhere on the network between the client and the server.
- Firewall intervention prohibiting/delaying network traffic.
If you are aware of your machine crashing or the backup being forcibly cancelled then you may wish to simply run a manual backup.
To troubleshoot why your backup was SEVERED please follow the above troubleshooting steps provided for FAILED backups.