1. Checking the basics
First things to check are the basics....therefore please check the following:
- Can you access other services such as the internet? e.g. http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk or
Obviously if you are reading these instructions online you can access the internet, although they may have been sent to you in PDF format for troubleshooting purposes
- If yes then please proceed to the next question
- If no, then there is a problem local to your machine or to your local network. Network connectivity is essential to being able to use
the TSM Client software and this issue needs to be resolved before progressing with the TSM troubleshooting. Below are some suggestions that may assist:
- Check that your network cable is plugged in
- Check that there a lights showing on your network connection
- Reboot your machine to completely refresh your connection settings
- Contact your Local IT Support Officer who will be able to assist further
- Is your computer physically connected to the Oxford University network? This does not usually include being connected
to the Oxford University via the VPN Service - Backups over VPN are only available as part of the HFS VPN Backup Service, other HFS service connections are blocked.
- If Yes, then please proceed to the next question
- If No, the backup service will only work when you are physically connected to the Oxford University network.
Please connect to the Oxford University network and try again.
- Is your TSM Node locked?
If your TSM node is locked then you will not be able to communicate with the servers until it is unlocked, to check your nodes status do the following:
- Go to the TSM Self-Registration Home Page
- Select the node you are trying to use and from the drop down list provided choose
- If your nodes Locked status is Yes then you will need to contact the Help Center to get this unlocked.
- If your nodes Locked status is No then also check the Last Password Change date,
if the date shown is over a year ago then your password may have expired and will need to be changed. To do this..
- Click on
TSM Home Page button
- Select the required node and from the drop down list provided choose and follow the on screen instructions to reset the nodes TSM password.
- Once reset, try the TSM Client again (you will need to close and reopen)
- If you are still having issues then please proceed onto the next section.
Up: Contents Next: 2. Which server should your node be connecting to?