4. Checking the TSM Client Configuration - OPT File
Another way to check the client is configured correctly is to check the DSM.OPT file, this should produce the same results as using the GUI as shown above but may be preferable to some users: If you prefer to use the GUI Interface then go back to those instructions.
- Ensure that the TSM Client is not running
- Browse to the location of the DSM.OPT file (
- Double click on the
dsm.optfile, by default Windows will not recognise the file type so when prompted select
[select a program from list]and click
- From the list of programs chose notepad and click
dsm.optfile will open in the notepad application
- Check that the following settings are correct against the details you noted down earlier:
- If any items were incorrect and have been changed click on
[Save]and then close down the file.
- Now try going back into the TSM Client and see if the same error messages appear
If the error messages still appear and/or the client was set-up correctly and no changes were made please review the Network Connectivity Troubleshooting Guide