This article aims to provide checks to ensure that your client is configured correctly to communicate with the TSM Servers across the network. You have most likely been directed here as you are experiencing issues when entering the TSM client.
- Error message "ANS2610S TCP/IP communications failure between the client and the server machine."
- Error message "TCP/IP invalid host name."
- Error message "ANS1252W The Server you are connected to does not support this function":
- Message "Do you wish to continue for purposes of local backupset restore?":
- TSM Client has Backup, Archive and Retrieve options greyed out