2. Personal Firewall
A personal firewall is an application which controls network traffic to and from a computer, permitting or denying communications based on a security policy. Sometimes these firewalls will block traffic that should be trusted. Details on how to check these settings will vary between vendors and you should check your help files for the personal firewall products you are using.
In some instances when Windows Firewall is installed it will restrict unsolicited incoming traffic in order to provide protection for computers against malicious users or programs. However, this may also prevent data from traveling between the TSM Client and TSM Server. Therefore, the user will need to make the changes listed below for TSM Client to function properly:
- Open the Control Panel
- Double click on Windows Firewall
- Click on the "Exceptions Tab"
- Click on "Add a program"
- Click on the "Browse" button
- Select the file "dsmcsvc.exe" from the installation directory - this should be found at
- The focus will shift back to the Firewall Exception Tab once the executable is selected.
OKto finish the process.