If you have a TSM account that you wish to be able to use from outside the university network, please contact email@example.com to let us know. It will need to be moved to the HFS backup-over-VPN server before you can access it externally.
- Reset your TSM password at the TSM node password reset page. This is only necessary if your TSM account is more than a year old, because TSM automatically resets the password every year. If it is less than a year old, then the password that you set at registration will still apply.
- If you are connecting from outside the university network, you will need IT Services VPN software installed and running. Please see the IT Services VPN Service page if you do not have this set up, before completing the following steps.
- Close down any instance of TSM that you have running.
- It is strongly recommended that at this stage you upgrade to the latest version of TSM that it is available for your machine, because the procedure which follows does not work on older HFS TSM packages. Please therefore now go to our page on downloading the TSM software for the HFS backup service, and download and install the latest version of TSM. If you are in any doubt about whether you need to do this, please ask the HFS Team member who is arranging your transfer to backup-over-VPN.
- You can now reconfigure TSM to point to your newly-moved account. Please follow the instructions appropriate
to your operating system:
- Go to
[TSM Tools for Administrators]>
[Tivoli Storage Manager]and from the menu choose the
[Reconfigure TSM Node]option.
- You will be asked for your local administrator password. Enter this and click
- You will then be asked, in turn, for your TSM nodename and password. Enter these when prompted. Once this is done, you should now be able to back up.
- Go to
- See the section relevant to your version of Linux in our instructions on installing TSM on Linux for how to reconfigure TSM.