If you have a TSM account that you wish to be able to use from outside the university network, please
contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know. It will need to be moved to the HFS
backup-over-VPN server before you can access it externally.
Once a member of the HFS Team has confirmed that the account has been moved, please follow the instructions below.
- Reset your TSM password at the TSM node password reset page. This is only necessary
if your TSM account is more than a year old, because TSM automatically resets the password every year. If it less than a year old, then the password
that you set at registration will still apply.
- If you are connecting from outside the university network, you will need OUCS VPN software installed and running. Please see the
OUCS VPN Service page if you do not have this set up, before completing the following steps.
- Close down any instance of TSM that you have running.
- Disable and delete any TSM scheduler
services running as these are no longer needed, using these instructions (there are no backup schedules
on the VPN-based backup service):
- Now that any TSM services have been stopped, you will need to configure the client to point to the TSM VPN backup server.
- If you are running Windows, the easiest way to reconfigure is to remove the old TSM configuration file and reinstall TSM. To do this:
- Delete the file
- Download and
- Re-run the delete services program
as described above, as
otherwise the TSM scheduler will continue to run on your machine.
On a Mac, go to
[TSM Tools for Administrators] >
[Tivoli Storage Manager] and from the menu choose the
[Reconfigure TSM Node] option. This should automatically
reconfigure TSM on your machine.
On Linux/Unix, use there is an option to reconfigure your TSM node - see the appropriate upgrading instructions for your
platform in our page on installing or upgrading the TSM client.