14. Meeting Strategic Objectives IX: Finance
It is important that as well as facilitating administrative processes identified in the Corporate Plan, sufficient funding is diverted to IT projects and services, and money is made available to allow OUCS to upgrade its existing services, and add new ones as required. The financial burden of adding new IT services and maintaining them must be recognised by the University. Furthermore, procedures must be adopted to streamline any increased revenue arising from the adoption of Full Economic Costing for central services into the infrastructure charge.
- Liaise with the SFWG to review the funding of OUCS, and future developments. Target date: 07.
- Align its spending plans and cycles with the recommendations to emerge from the ICT Strategy which are focusing on large-scale IT investments, timescales, and costs (http://www.ict.ox.ac.uk/strategy/worktasks/h/ and http://www.ict.ox.ac.uk/strategy/worktasks/i/).
- Investigate which premium services should be costed into research grants as 'directly incurred'.
- Provide advice, via our RTS section, for researchers writing funding proposals for projects with a significant IT element, and promote the opportunities offered by our NSMS unit to purchase IT support and development. Target date: Ongoing.