2. Executive Summary
This report sets OUCS’s objectives for 2008-2013 in the context of the University’s Corporate Plan. We present a review of our last five-year plan, then a discussion of the new governance structure for ICT formed in 2007. We then look at each section of the Corporate Plan and align our objectives to those presented there.
- Selection and roll-out of a University-wide Groupware solution – providing users with a group of applications to assist in collaboration, combining email, calendaring, scheduling, etc.
- Roll-out of a University-wide wireless service – to provide seamless wireless access in key public areas across the University.
- Refurbishment of the OUCS machine room to remove existing single points of failure
- Planning for a second machine room to provide resilience for key OUCS services and other services across the University.
- Increased resilience of the network.
- Refurbishment of existing facilities for users notably expansion of OUCS’s training facilities.
- Investigation of power reduction and reducing the carbon footprint of IT.
- Development of Web 2.0 services – notably Podcasting and iTunesU.