OUCS Annual Report
Appendix A1: Committees and Reporting Lines
OUCS is governed by the IT Committee, and also receives guidance
and advice from a number of other committees, as depicted below.
- The Committee for Computing in the Arts has
responsibility for the oversight of the Oxford work of the
Humanities Computing Unit.
- The Training & Education Group has general oversight of
the IT training activities within OUCS.
- The Software Site-Licence Group has responsibility for the
oversight of the expenditure of the central fund for software
licences, administered by OUCS.
- The IT Users' Group and the Colleges' IT Group each consist of
up to 2 representatives of each department, faculty and unit
within the University, and of each College, respectively. They are
general fora for IT users to provide feedback to the principal
central IT service providers, including OUCS. They also represent
University and College users' views to the IT Committee.
- The Technical Review Group is a "think tank" advising OUCS on
general technical issues and developments.
- The Network Advisory Group advises OUCS on all technical
- The IT Support Staff Group is primarily concerned with IT
staff University-wide, and advises OUCS on a range of IT Support
- The OxTALENT Action Group is primarily concerned with
overseeing the affairs of OxTALENT, and advises OUCS on deployment
of its support officer.
Last updated: 5-May-00.
© Oxford University Computing Services.