The ITLP offers over 200 IT courses, in a programme open to all University members. As an additional service, most courses in the ITLP schedule can be offered as closed courses for groups of staff or students who are members of Oxford University. The ITLP can work with units around the University to help integrate a closed course with your existing teaching and staff development programmes.
Closed courses are normally delivered in the Thames Suite at OUCS. The suite has five purpose-designed IT teaching rooms. Our training rooms are flexible and equipped to support the diverse groups of learners within the University.
Closed courses are an addition to the ITLP’s open schedule of courses, therefore a charge is applied to recover reasonable operating costs and resources. The ITLP makes a single charge for your whole group. Some courses are delivered by external training partners and so incur extra costs, which will then form part of the closed course charge.
- Availability of a suitable course in the ITLP programme
- Availability of a suitable teacher or external training partner
- Availability of a suitable teaching venue
- Availability of the required/requested software and operating system
- Sufficient time being available to carry out any necessary resource customisation
- Agreement from the client to pay the course charge
- Using the ITLP booking system to book a place on the course
- Ensuring that they have the prerequisite knowledge as set out in the course description. This may involve completing preparatory work ahead of the course.
- Cancelling their booking using the online booking system if they cannot attend the course.
- Advising ITLP in advance of any accessibility requirements.
- Arriving 15 minutes prior to the advertised start time of the course to sign in.
- Staying for the duration of the course unless otherwise agreed.
- Adhering to OUCS health and safety procedures and policies.
Enquiries can be made using the Closed Course Enquiry Form at:
ITLP can also be contacted as follows:
Tel 01865 2 73200 (option 2)