Status of Document: this document describes services offered at August 2012.
OID (Object identifier) Registration provides a means of allocating OID numbers from a University of Oxford private enterprise number '11023' assigned by IANA. This service is available to registered ITSS only. The service is provide via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
This service is owned by the Systems Development and Support Section Manager and has been available since at least 2006.
Hours of Service
The service is offered as follows:
- 9am - 5pm on weekdays: requests for registrations and amendments will be processed.
- All other times: there is no provision for out of hours registrations or amendments.
Service Level Targets
There are no formal targets, however we respond to most requests within 24 hours and usually complete registration within 3 days.
This service is classified as "non-critical" to University business and will be recovered as soon as possible after all critical services have been recovered. This may take more than 72 hours.
Recovery will restore service availability and state to a point within the last 24 hours.
Users are responsible for ensuring that this service is suitable for their needs.
- Regulations Relating to the use of Information Technology Facilities
- JANET(UK) Statement of JANET acceptable use policy
- CHEST Code of Conduct for Site Licensed Software and Datasets
- University Policy on Data Protection
- Any local policy defined by the unit from which you use this service