/itlp/images/ClosedCourseBox_300x300.jpg [Present box]
1.1. Closed course benefits...
We offer over 100 IT courses in a programme open to all University members. We can also arrange closed courses for groups within the University.
- A closed course means only your staff or students will be in attendance and the course will be organised at time to suit your group.
- A closed course generally covers the same topics as its corresponding open version with the benefit or your group acquiring the same knowledge at the same time.
- Our courses are comprehensive and may suit you perfectly. However, for a one-off charge, we can customise the content to fit your specific requirements.
- Closed courses normally run in one of our purpose designed IT teaching rooms. So if you need to organise a course for your group just agree the date and we’ll worry about the rest!
- We can work with you to help integrate a closed course with your standard teaching and staff development programmes.
1.2. How it works...
Closed courses are all about enabling your staff, colleagues and students to use IT effectively.
- You identify an area of IT learning that would benefit your group.
- You talk to us and we agree content, time, place and cost.
- We deliver the course, usually in our own fully-equipped teaching room.
- We collect feedback from participants so that you can be sure the training was effective.
- Participants can get post-course support through our Computer 8 sessions.
We make a charge to run a closed course. The charging structure is simple: we make a single charge for your whole group.
Depending on the content, we may also need to make an additional one-off charge for customisation.
Buffet lunch and morning/afternoon refreshments can be provided for a small extra cost.
1.4. Your next steps...
We try and make the process of organising a closed course as easy as possible.
- Look at our current programme. For just a few people, one of our open courses may be suitable.
Closed courses are normally run with between 6 and 20 delegates.
- Identify the course you are interested in by visiting
The catalogue provides a course summary and list of topics.
- If there is a topic that we don’t cover we can still help.
We are experienced at negotiating with external trainers and can often arrange a specialised course at very favourable rates.
- Contact us using our enquiry form. We will arrange for one our teachers to talk to you.
View OUCS service level descriptions