2013 Awards Ceremony
2. The student IT innovation award
The Student IT Innovation Award recognises students who have made creative use of ICT to
advance learning and academic practice at either undergraduate or postgraduate level. We
are looking for someone with entrepreneurial spirit who has used any digital technology to
make a difference to their educational experience.
The judging criteria:
- Originality, creativity
- Technical merit
- Impact on teaching, learning or research
Conditions of entry:
- Entrants must be current members of the University on the date of submission.
- The entry must support a subject or discipline taught at the University.
- One entry per person.
- Personal web pages are not eligible.
Intellectual Property Rights: permissions must be obtained for any submission that uses
text, images, or other materials owned by another source. Please refer to IPR guidelines for more information.
The deadline for the competition: Mid-day 17th May 2013
How to enter:
Send your submission to
together with the following information:
- Your name
- Your University card number
- Your affiliation
- The title for your entry
- The subject and level of the learning that your innovation addresses
- A short description of the purpose of your innovation (max. 250 words)
- What led you to developing this innovation? What challenges were you addressing? (max. 250 words)
- How you went about making your idea a reality (max. 250 words)
- What would be your top tips for someone else wishing to embark on a similar project? (max. 250 words)
- The URL of the project if there is one