This policy provides a framework for the management of information
security throughout the University. It applies to:
- all those with access to University information systems, including staff, students, visitors and contractors;
- any systems attached to the University computer or telephone networks and any systems supplied by the University;
- all information (data) processed by the University pursuant to its operational activities, regardless of whether it is processed electronically or in paper (hard copy) form, any communications sent to or from the University and any University information (data) held on systems external to the University’s network;
- all external parties that provide services to the University in respect of information processing facilities and business activities; and
- principal information assets including the physical locations from which the University operates.
Up: Contents Next: 2. Aims and Committments