2. Configuring Your Computer
- A Remote Access account. You can register for this via the OUCS self-registration page.
The password for your Remote Access account is separate from the one for your Oxford Single Sign-On (Nexus/WebLearn) account.
- For Windows, OS X and Linux systems you must be able to log on to your computer
using an account that has administrative access or is able to use
sudo(Linux systems). For most home computer systems the normal account you use to log on to the computer will have the necessary access.
- An existing connection to the Internet (broadband, LAN or dial-up).
- A suitable VPN client. The table below gives links to Cisco VPN software and instructions for many desktop and laptop operating systems. Some operating systems such as the iPhone and iPod touch come with a native (built-in) client; again links to instructions are in the table below. For systems without a native client and where we do not have a Cisco VPN client there may be suitable third party software available. We provide some configuration information to help set these up but cannot provide full support and instructions for all such software.
Please note you may need to configure extra programs in order to access local departmental file shares etc. Please consult with your local IT Officers as to how you should configure your system in these situations.
|Operating System||Instructions/Information||Download software|
|32 and 64 bit editions of Windows 8, 32 and 64 bit editions of Windows 7, Vista Service Pack 2, Vista Service Pack 1 with patch KB952876||Configuring the Cisco AnyConnect Client v3.x for Microsoft Windows||Registration|
|Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7, 10.8 and 10.9||Configuring the native VPN client on Mac OS X 10.6 and above||Not applicable|
|Linux||Configuring the Cisco AnyConnect client for Linux||Registration|
|iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad||Configuring the native VPN client for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad||Not required|
|Other VPN clients including 3rd party software||Configuring other VPN clients||Not applicable|
|All Cisco AnyConnect software (for registered ITSS)||Not applicable||ITSS VPN Software Download page|