This document contains brief details of installing and configuring the VPN client on the iPhone or iPod Touch (installed as standard with version 2.0 of the firmware). Configuring the built-in VPN client on an iPad should be very similar.
- Your device must be connected to the internet, either by wireless (iPod Touch or iPhone) or 3G (iPhone only).
- Your iPhone / iPod Touch must have firmware version 2.0. To check this, go to
[Settings > General > About]and look at the
- You must have created a Remote Access account via the self registration pages.
- Members of Oxford University need to download a file containing the configuration information in order to setup their connection as described below.
- Go to
[Settings > General > Network > VPN]. If you have never set up VPN on the device before, it will say "Not Configured"; otherwise, it will say "Not Connected". Click on this to proceed to the configuration screen.
[Add VPN Configuration...]
IPSecfrom the options at the top of the screen.
- Fill in the fields as follows:
*******[your remote access username]
******[your remote access password]
Savethis configuration. You will be returned to the VPN screen, with your new configuration selected.
- Switch VPN to
ON. You should see
[Status]change from Starting, to Connecting, then Connected.
- You are now connected to OUCS VPN. You should see a small 'VPN' symbol in the menu bar.