This information is intended for System Administrators, IT Officers etc. If you don't manage PCs in a college or department etc. but are configuring WINS on your own PC, please see the WINS configuration instructions.
- Configuring Windows PCs and Samba Servers to use the OUCS WINS Servers — how to configure Windows workstations and servers and Samba servers to use the central WINS service; how to configure WINS Proxy servers; details of common problems etc.
- Unit Codes Used for Naming Windows PCs and Samba Servers Using WINS — lists of the unique codes that should be used when naming PCs and Samba servers that use the central WINS servers.
- Naming Standards for Windows PCs and Samba Servers — an explanation of the naming standards; what they are and why they are necessary.
- Further Information about WINS and Network Browsing — more detailed information about how WINS works and about network browsing.
- WINS Configuration Instructions for end users — detailed instructions complete with pictures.