5. Further Information
- Configuring Windows PCs and Samba Servers to use the OUCS WINS Servers — how to configure Windows workstations and servers and Samba servers to use the central WINS service; how to configure WINS Proxy servers; details of common problems etc.
- Unit Codes Used for Naming Windows PCs and Samba Servers Using WINS — lists of the unique codes that must be used when naming PCs and Samba servers that use the central WINS servers.
- Further Information about WINS and Network Browsing — more detailed information about how WINS works and about network browsing.
- Historical Documents
- Minutes of the Network Advisory Group meeting of April 1998 — the minutes where the adoption of the original naming scheme was endorsed (see section 257.0).
- Microsoft Networking Host Name Conflicts — includes details of the original naming conventions
- Proposal for a Centralized Windows Internet Name Service (WINS)