Eduroam is supported on Android OS from version 1.6 onwards. However we have seen some issues with devices running 2.3 as documented at http://blogs.oucs.ox.ac.uk/networks/2012/01/25/eduroam-connectivity-issues-on-android-2-3/
- From the home screen, push the
Menubutton on your device as indicated below, note that on some devices this button is contained as part of the touch screen.
Settingsfrom the menu on the screen as shown:
Wireless and Network
- If not already ticked then Tap
Wi-Fito turn on your wireless networking, a list of nearby networks will then be populated under the heading
WiFi Networksas shown in the image below:
- Tap the
[eduroam]network in the list, note that you may need to scroll down to locate it.
- Ensure the settings match the image below, you can change each entry by simply
tappingeach one in turn to reveal a list of options.
[Phase 2 Authentication]=
- Enter your Remote Access account username followed by
@OX.AC.UK in the
User namefield (for example
oucs1234@OX.AC.UK). If you see an
Anonymous identityfield as shown in the example below then add in your Remote Access account username again followed by @OX.AC.UK e.g.
- Next enter your Remote Access password (as set via https://register.it.ox.ac.uk/self/remote_access) in the
Passwordfield, as shown above.
- Finally hit the
- Wait a little while (usually just a few seconds) until the message eduroam network in the list is shown
in bold with the word Connected below as shown in the following image:
- The network profile for the eduroam network will now be saved to your device. Reconnection will occur automatically whenever your devices WiFi is switched on and within range of an eduroam access point.
- Re-enter your Remote Access Password (as set via https://register.it.ox.ac.uk/self/remote_access)
- If used then try omitting the
Anonymous identityfield and re-connecting
Occasionally Android users have problems with the connection dropping. We have had reports that WiFi Fixer can solve these issues. We have not tested this claim.
Users must abide by the user use agreement a copy of which is available at:http://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/statutes/regulations/196-052.shtml
If you have questions about these instructions or need other assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org