Oxford eduroam uses the OUCS Remote Access account username and password.
Oxford eduroam implements JANET Roaming Service Tier 2.
A small number of outbound ports are blocked. See the ACL blocks page for the current list.
eduroam configurator: Users of Windows Vista and above can use an automatic 'configurator' to configure their eduroam settings. Both a 64-bit and 32-bit version of the configurator is available for download from the Ashmolean's eduroam page (maintained by Anjanesh Babu at the Ashmolean Museum). Please note: the configurator is not maintained or supported by IT Services, we simply provide the link here for your convenience.
- MacOS X 10.7 (Lion)
- MacOS X 10.6 (Snow leopard)
- MacOS X 10.5 (Leopard)
- MacOS X 10.4 (Tiger)
- Ubuntu Linux
- Ubuntu Linux 9.10
- Fedora Linux
- Linux command line
- Windows XP SP2 with the default wireless utilities
- Windows XP SP2 with the IntelPROset utilities
- Windows Vista with the default wireless utilities
- Windows Vista with the Intel wireless utilities
- Windows 7 with the default wireless utilities
- Windows 8 with the default wireless utilities