Eduroam is an international federation of academic institutions which allows its users
to visit other organizations and use the same username and password as they would use
at their home institution.
Eduroam institutions span
Oxford users can use eduroam in Oxford and at other participating organizations.
Oxford eduroam uses the
OUCS Remote Access account
username and password.
Oxford users should ensure that their eduroam setup is working correctly
in Oxford before visiting other eduroam institutions.
Oxford eduroam implements
JANET Roaming Service Tier 2.
OUCS is unable to provide technical support to non-Oxford eduroam users visiting Oxford.
A small number of outbound ports are blocked. See the
page for the current list.
Generic Service details to help setup any client
Eduroam CAT (Configuration Assistance Tool)
Get setup for eduroam in 3 easy steps:
1. Go to https://cat.eduroam.org and choose Oxford University
2. Download the installer for your operating system
3. Run the Installer and use your Remote Access username and password
(Go to the Self Registration Homepage https://register.it.ox.ac.uk/self/index to set up a Remote Access Account if you do not already have one)
Eduroam CAT is the easy way to set up eduroam wifi on your laptop or device*.
CAT stands for Configuration Assistance Tool. The eduroam CAT ensures a standardised setup of devices and assurance that the configuration will work most effectively with eduroam.
- *Android is not currently supported by this tool
- **you can get to https://cat.eduroam.org on the OWL network without VPN or visitor access
- *** If the configurator does not work try the manual instructions listed by OS/Mobile device below
Major Operating Systems