The following instructions apply to using the Eduroam wireless service on Apple OS X based machines, specifically those using 10.7 aka Lion. If you find an error in the instructions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org; if you have general questions or need other assistance, contact email@example.com
- In the Apple menu, select
- In the
[System Preferences]window, under the
[Internet & Wireless]section, click on the icon for
- On the next screen, perform the following steps:
- select the
Turn Wi-Fi Onbutton (see red oval in top right corner)
- click the padlock to
unlockthe interface if locked (see red arrow in bottom left corner)
- click on the
Advanced...button(see red oval in bottom right corner)
- select the
- You will now see a new drop down pane within the Network window that should be
open on the Wi-Fi tab. Click on
+to add a new network.
- You will now see another drop down pane allowing you to add a Wi-Fi network
profile. Click the
Choose a network...button.
- You will now see another drop down pane displaying a list of
all the wireless networks that your computer can detect.
eduroamfrom the list of networks and click
OK. This will open another drop down pane allowing you to enter the necessary details for the eduroam network. Enter your Remote Access account username followed by @OX.AC.UK (e.g.
abcd1234@OX.AC.UK) and your Remote Access password (as set via https://register.it.ox.ac.uk/self/remote_access). The
Modefields should already be set to
- You will now be returned to the pane showing the list of configured Wi-Fi networks
and the eduroam network should appear in the list. Click the
OKbutton to complete the configuration.
- Your computer will now authenticate with the network and then you should be able to access the Internet. If you get an error saying that authentication has failed, double-check the steps shown above. If you are still unable to connect, then contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Users must abide by the user use agreement a copy of which is available at:http://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/statutes/regulations/196-052.shtml