The following instructions apply to to using the Eduroam wireless service on Nokia n810 Internet Tablet with the OS2008 software and updates. If you have general questions or need other assistance, contact email@example.com.
- Firstly, you will need to tell the device to trust the
AddTrust External CA Rootfor wireless access (this may already be set by default). From the applications menu, select
- Launch the
[Certificate Manager], and then Select the
- Scroll down until you find
AddTrust External CA Root, and select
- You should see details of the
AddTrust External CA Rootcertificate. Select the
- Select the check box to indicate that you trust the
AddTrust External CA Rootfor use with WLAN, then hit the
- Return to the
[Applications]menu and select
- Load the menu (the button is at the left of the tab headed "Connection Manager"),
New. The connection setup wizard should launch.
Next. You will see a pop-up dialog box asking you if you want to scan existing networks; say 'no'. Name the
eduroam) and select the
WLANusing the radio button.
- Under the "Connection Setup: WLAN" tab
- Under the "Connection Setup: WPA with EAP" tab, select the
- Under the "Connection Setup: WPA with EAP PEAP" tab, select
- You will be prompted for a username and password; Enter your Remote Access account username
@ox.ac.ukand your Remote Access account password (as set via https://register.it.ox.ac.uk/self/remote_access).
- On the "Connection Setup: Complete" tab select
- On the "Connection Setup: Advanced" tab, select the "EAP" tab and input your remote
access account name followed by @OX.AC.UK.
Finish, and close the dialog boxes.
- Now tap the fan-shaped connection icon at the top of the screen and choose
[Select Connection...]from the menu that appears. Select the eduroam connection you have just created, and press
Users must abide by the Regulations Relating to the use of Information Technology Facilities.