The following instructions apply to using the Eduroam wireless service on Apple OS X based machines. If you find an error in the instructions, please contact email@example.com; if you have general questions or need other assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the Apple Menu, select the
- In the
[System Preferences]menu, under the
[Network and Internet]section, click on the icon for
- On the next screen, select the
unlockthe interface if locked, and click on
- Fill in
Network Name(this is the SSID and should be in lower case). Under
WPA2 Enterpriseand enter your Remote Access account username followed by @ox.ac.uk (e.g.
email@example.com) and your Remote Access password (as set via https://register.it.ox.ac.uk/self/remote_access). Lastly the
802.1x Configurationshould be set to
- You may then get a box stating "The server certificate is not trusted because there
are no explicit trust settings". Click
- You should now be presented with a window titled "Verify Certificate". It should
radius[0|1].oucs.ox.ac.uk) in the middle of the window with the certificate signed by
AddTrust External CA Root.
- Check that it says this certificate is valid in the middle of the window. (If it does not, email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Tick the box
Always trust these certificates.
- Your computer will now authenticate with the network and then you should be able to access the internet. If you get an error saying that authentication has failed, double-check the above steps. If you are still unable to connect, then contact email@example.com for assistance.
Users must abide by the user use agreement a copy of which is available at:http://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/statutes/regulations/196-052.shtml