The following instructions apply to using the Eduroam wireless service on Microsoft Vista machines that have the Intel Wireless Supplicant software installed. If you find an error in the instructions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org , if you have general questions or need other assistance, contact email@example.com
[Contorl Panel Home]view).
[Network and Internet], click on
[Connect to the Internet].
- The "connect to the internet" panel should appear, double click on
- On the "Select a network to connect to" screen, click on
- The next screen asks you for the login credentials for the connection.
User Name- Enter your Remote Access account username followed by @ox.ac.uk (e.g
Password- Enter your Remote Access account password (as set via https://register.it.ox.ac.uk/self/remote_access)
- The screen will now change to a second step, requesting certificate details.
Validate Server Certificatebox needs to be checked and
AddTrust External CA Rootshould be selected from the list. Once done, click on
- On the next screen ensure that
Save this networkand
Start this connection automaticallyare both checked and then click
- You should now be connected to eduroam.
Users must abide by the user use agreement a copy of which is available at:http://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/statutes/regulations/196-052.shtml