- From the Desktop:
[Double Left Click]the
Wireless Networking Iconfrom the
- Next select the
OWLwireless network by
- Now click the
Connectbutton at the bottom right hand side of Wireless Networking Window to connect, as shown below:
- You should now see a box pop up with the message beginning
You are connecting to the unsecured network "OWL"..., click the
- You should now be connected to the OWL Wireless network as indicated by the message
Connectednext to the
- Please note that connection does not provide Internet access without further authentication, please continue reading for authentication methods.
If you've been provided with OWL Visitor credentials then please follow the instructions at http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/network/wireless/services/owl/visitor/.
- If you'd like to use the freely available Cisco VPN Client then instructions can be found at http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/network/vpn/
- If you'd prefer to use third party VPN clients then a list of instructions for various third parties' offerings can be found at http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/network/vpn/other-clients/
Regardless of your chosen VPN client users must abide by the user use agreement a copy of which is available at: http://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/statutes/regulations/196-052.shtml