4. Scheduling meetings
Entourage Web Services allows you to schedule meetings with colleagues. Because you can easily see when someone is free you can plan your meetings accordingly. To schedule a meeting follow the instructions below:
- Click on the Calendar icon in the top
- From the top
tool bar, click the
Newbutton to open the
New Event - Calendarscreen. You can also get to this screen by clicking the small arrow on the
Newbutton and selecting
- On the
New Event - Calendarscreen, filll in the details such as the subject, ie the title of the meeting, and the location and the time and date for the meeting. You can think of the time and date as being provisional at this stage, later on you will be able to check whether your attendees are available and as a result you may wish to change the meeting date and time according to availability.
- To invite colleagues to this meeting click the
Invitebutton in the top menu bar (this is usually the left most button).
- You will now see a pop up window that allows you to add invitees to your
elsewhere in Entourage, when you type in a partial name Entourage shows a
list of possible matches to choose from. You can use the
Addbutton within this pop up window to add as many invitees as required.
- Once you have added all the invitees, click the top left box icon or hit
return to close this pop up window and return to the
New Event - Calendarscreen where you will see that the invitees have been added above the
Subject. You can now check availability for these invitees by clicking the
Schedulingtab to switch from the appointment view to the scheduling view.
- The time, date and duration that you specified originally will be indicated by a purple
bounded box in the scheduling view. You can adjust the time, date and
duration by using the
Endfields or by dragging the purple box within the scheduling view. Once you are happy with the time and date, press the
Send Nowbutton located on the top menu bar.
- The meeting request wil now be sent to your colleagues and the appointment will be added automatically to your calendar.