Over the coming few months, accounts in the Herald email system will be migrated to the new Oxford Nexus email system. The timetable for the move to the new system is shown below (all dates are 2009):
Firstly, an IT support person who knows you should make a judgement as to which window is the most convenient for you. Then, at least two weeks in advance of your migration, you will receive a message with your 'slot' allocated to you. It should be an overnight migration, but some people will be given a daytime three-hour slot. If your migration time is highly inconvenient (e.g. you may be planning on working overnight at that time), let your IT support staff know and they will re-schedule it. Nevertheless, the migration is designed to be as unintrusive as possible.Sections in this document:
- 1. Who will, and will not, be migrated?
- 2. Why do I need to migrate?
- 3. What will the email migration mean to me?
- 4. What should I do before, during and after the migration?
- 5. Herald features that will transfer automatically to Oxford Nexus
- 6. Things that may need some attention
- 7. Things that could cause the migration to fail
- 8. What happens if the migration fails?
- 9. How can I find out more about the new Oxford Nexus?