16. troubleshoot a failure of my BlackBerry to connect (failure at the Enterprise
Check the following items before logging a ticket:
- Has your
BlackBerry Activation Password expired? It is valid for 48 hours from when
it was first obtained, unless you have been told otherwise.
- Are you out of range? Your BlackBerry must have a data signal (GPRS, 3G or EDGE)
with at least two bars to be confident of a stable connection during activation.
- Do your anti-spam settings block or forward email messages from Research In Motion?
Activation sends an email to your account (with a
.DAT attachment) which
contains configuration data. If this message cannot be delivered, activation will
- Do you have any corrupted contact entries? There are reports that contacts which are
not fully populated, with both a Firstname and Lastname
entry, can cause problems synchronising the Address Book.
- Is the operating system on your BlackBerry sufficiently current? Version 4.0 or
higher should be considered a minimum.
- Does your contract with your telecom firm include the correct data plan? You must
have a BES enabled data plan (not the more-common BIS
enabled plan) with your carrier.
Up: Contents Previous: 15. know if my Nexus Email and PIM data will synchronise when I am overseas? Next: 17. find out what the Desktop Manager is used for?