- Swipe down from the top of the screen and then select
[Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync].
- Fill in the following values:
Domain: leave this blank.
yourSSO@nexus.ox.ac.ukE.g. If your username was user0471 you would enter
email@example.com. This is not your email address, it is only used by the auto-discovery system to find your account.
Email address: Enter your usual Nexus email address.
Password: The password for your SSO account.
- Continue filling in the values as below:
Port: leave unchanged on 443
Use SSL: leave unchanged (turned on)
Use VPN: leave unchanged (turned off)
Push: leave unchanged (turned on) N.B. This option uses your data connection to download your email, calendar and contacts. Turn this setting off if you are concerned about data costs, such as when ‘roaming’ on a foreign operator’s network.
Sync Timeframe: we recommend you leave this unchanged at 30 days.
- You will be asked to select which components of your mailbox you wish to
synchronise to your BlackBerry. ActiveSync cannot currently synchronise
Memos so change that to
[off]and then click
- This step can take some time. Please be patient.
- Nexus email should now be visible in the BlackBerry Hub.