The most important step in the activation process is the provisioning of the BlackBerry Smartphone i.e. the type of plan/contact enabled for the device. You must confirm with your carrier that you either already have a BES data plan (and have not been utilising it until now) or request that they provide you with a BES-enabled data plan (there is generally an increased cost). Having confirmed this, we can proceed with the activation of your BlackBerry Smartphone on the Nexus BES environment.
- Your BlackBerry Smartphone Type and Model e.g. Bold 9000
- Your BlackBerry Operating System version and Firmware Revision (As described above)
- Confirmation that you have a BES enabled data plan with your carrier.
- That you, or your unit, agree to cover the cost of a BlackBerry Enterprise Server Client Access license.
- Is your BlackBerry Smartphone currently connected to another BlackBerry Enterprise Server Environment? If so, with whom?
- Whether your BlackBerry Smartphone previously been connected to another BlackBerry Enterprise Server Environment.
- If you want to have access to your Nexus Mailbox sub-folders, which folders do you not wish to see (in your inbox)?
- You can only have one default contact list synchronised from your Nexus mailbox to your BlackBerry Smartphone. Please confirm which one this is (This can be changed at a later date).