1. General Instructions
Please note: Pre G3 iPhone/iPod Touch devices can only be configured to connect to one Exchange account at any one time. So if you already have an Exchange account configured then you will not be able to add your Nexus account until/unless you remove the existing Exchange account. However, phones and devices using the iOS4 operating system can connect to multiple Exchange accounts. This applies to iPhone 3G and later phones and devices.
- From the Springboard (home screen), go to the
Settingsapplication and select
[Mail, Contacts, Calendars].
- You will see a list of types of email accounts; select
- Enter your account information:
- Enter your Oxford email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Leave this field blank
- Enter your Oxford username, e.g. oucs0037
- Enter your Nexus password
- This will default to the email address you entered above, but can be renamed to anything you like (e.g. 'Oxford email' or 'Nexus').
- You will see a message saying 'Verifying Exchange account information'
(this may take longer than you expect). You will then be asked to enter more
information. In the
Serverfield, enter 'nexus.ox.ac.uk'. (The
Domainfield should still be left blank.) Press
- You should see a message saying "Exchange account verified".
- You will then be asked which data you want to synchronise: If you choose to synchronise your contacts, you will be asked whether you want to keep all the existing contacts on your iPhone (recommended!) or delete them.You will be offered this choice for both contacts and calendars.
- When you have selected the synchronisation options, click the
Donebutton. You will see a message saying "Configuring sync for Exchange...". When this is done, you will be returned to the 'Mail, Contacts, Calendars' settings page, and you should see your Nexus account added to the list.