2. Mail synchronisation options
- By default, only the last 3 days of email will be synced to your iPhone.
To change this setting, select the account from the 'Mail, Contacts,
Calendars' settings page, and select your preferred option from 'Mail Days
- You will also see an option 'Mail Folders to Push'. In order to
'subscribe' to folders (i.e. download the emails in them to your phone, and
check them for new email) you will need to select them here.
- When you have selected the folders you want, on returning to the Account
settings page you will see that 'Mail Folders to Push' now says 'Inbox + n'
where n is the number of folders you have selected to subscribe
- Fetch versus Push: you can choose between 'fetching' new
email from the server at regular intervals, or allowing the server to 'push'
new email to your iPhone. If you opt for 'push' you will get new email as
soon as it arrives (assuming you have a network connection), but be aware
that this may run your battery down faster! If you opt for 'fetch', you can
choose how often the device checks for new mail. You can change your
Push/Fetch settings at any time by going to the
application and selecting to configure.
Up: Contents Previous: 1. General Instructions Next: 3. Calendar options