1. Nexus configuration for new Outlook 2003 users
- When you run Outlook for the first time, it will automatically prompt you
to set up an account, by opening the Outlook Startup wizard. Click
- Outlook may offer to import your settings from an existing email program.
You want to set up a new account, so choose
Do not upgradeand click
- You are now asked if you want to configure an email account. Make sure
Yesis selected, and click
- Choose account type
Microsoft Exchange Serverand click
nexusoutlookas the Microsoft Exchange Server, and your Single Sign-On username. Leave the
Use Cached Exchange Modebox ticked. Do not click on the
Check Namebutton at this point as it will fail. Click
- Go to the
Connectiontab. At the bottom of the screen, tick the box labelled
Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTPand then click
Exchange Proxy Settings...
URL to connect to my proxy server for Exchange.
Ensure that the three boxes marked
Connect using SSL only,
On slow networks, ...and
On fast networks, ...are checked.
Basic Authenticationtype and click
OK, then click
Finishon the Congratulations screen, to close the Account Wizard. There will probably be a short delay while Outlook establishes a connection with the Nexus server.
- You will now be prompted to log in. Enter your University Single Sign-On
username followed by
@nexus.ox.ac.ukand your password. Click
OK. There may now be a short delay while Outlook connects to your account.
- You should now see your inbox on Nexus.
If you have any problems, in the first instance you should contact your local (College or Department) IT staff. If they cannot help then please contact the OUCS Helpcentre for further assistance.