5. Schedule meetings
One of the great features of Outlook 2007 is the ability to schedule meetings with colleagues. You can easily see when someone is free and plan your meetings accordingly. To schedule a meeting follow the instructions below:
- Click on the Calendar option in the main lefthand menu.
- From the main
Calendar tool bar, select
Newto open the
New Appointment email.
- To the
Appointmentemail, add your recipents email addresses and set a subject for the email.
- To open the
Schedule Assistant, click the large button in the top menu. (N.B. can appear just as text if your Outlook window is small)
- You will now see the
All Attendeescolumn add in the names of the people you want to invite.
- You can quickly gauge your attendees availability for a given date by
simply selecting the date from the calendar.
- To see a more detailed view of attendees availability, select the date and
time from the drop down boxes.
- The schedule assistant suggests times when all your attendees are
available. If you select one of these times, the times are automatically
adjusted on the main view.
- If you are happy with the selected time and date, press the
Sendbutton. Your time and date are automatically added to the
Appointmentemail and sent to your colleagues. The appointment is also added to your own calendar too.