A Project Account is a non-personal Nexus account which is accessible to
more than one Nexus user. For example, there may be several people who need to send
emails from a common email address such as
email@example.com; or you might have a shared calendar for
group events. This section explains how to set up the permissions on such an account
if you are the account owner, and how to access a Project Account.
These instructions assume that you have already set up Outlook 2007 to access your personal Nexus account. If you are not using Outlook 2007 for your own account, then you can skip the section about creating an additional profile.
- Before you begin, you need to ensure that the account is listed in the
Nexus Global Address List. To do this, click
[Tools/Address Book]on the Outlook menu, and then find the project account by name. If your account is not listed, please contact the OUCS Help Centre. You will also need to know the username and Single Sign-On password of the account.
- In order to grant appropriate permissions to the Nexus users who are
entitled to access the account, you will need to log in to Nexus
as the Project Account. If you are already using Outlook
2007 to connect to your personal account, you will need to create a new
Profileto access the Project account.
- Follow the instructions about adding a new profile to create a new Outlook profile. At the end of these instructions you will be directed to the instructions for setting up your Nexus account. Please follow these too but remember to use the Project Account's username and password instead of your personal one. When Outlook prompts you to log in, it will remember your personal username so you will need to manually change this.
- You should now have Outlook running, connected to the Project Account. You can now set permissions for other users (including yourself), by adding Delegates and/or sharing folders. Please see the instructions for delegating access for further details. Please note that changes to delegates' permissions can take up to half an hour to become active on the server.
- Once you have finished adding delegates and modifying permissions, you
will probably want to reset your Profiles so that Outlook automatically logs
into your personal account. To do this, close down Outlook and open the
Windows Control Panel by clicking
[Start->Settings->Control Panel]. Double-click the Mail icon to open the Mail Setup screen:
Show Profiles...button, and then select the option
Always use this profile, and then select your personal account from the drop-down list.
- If you want to access the Project Account again, you can return to the Profiles screen and re-enable prompting.
If you are entitled to access a Project Account, there are several options available depending on the permissions that the account owner has granted you. These are outlined on the Acting as a delegate page.
- Nexus Contacts and Address Books
- Nexus Calendar
- Nexus Tasks
- Delegating access to email, calendar and other Nexus features
- Printing more than one calendar at a time
If you have any problems using Nexus with Outlook 2007, in the first instance you should contact your local (College or Department) IT staff. If they cannot help then please contact the OUCS Helpcentre for further assistance.