Once the Resource Mailbox has been created a Resource Manager is given access. A Resource Manager is someone with Full Access permissions over the Resource Mailbox. The Resource Manager then needs to configure the Resource Mailbox within Nexus before allowing users access. The following instructions will guide you through the procedure.
- Resource Manager: Someone with Full Access permissions over the Resource Mailbox.
- Resource Delegate: A nominated person who will approve the bookings for a Resource Mailbox. Contact OUCS Help Centre to request this.
- Automatically process meeting requests and cancellations
- This setting allows the system itself to administer the booking of resources.
- Disable reminders
- If left unticked the person booking the resource/room will receive reminders about their booking.
- Maximum number of days in advance resources can be booked
- This sets the maximum number of days in advance that the resource/room can be booked.
- Always decline if the end date is beyond this limit
- The booking is refused if it is beyond the date specified here.
- Limit meeting duration
- If this is ticked, the resource/room cannot be booked for longer than the number of minutes specified in the
[Maximum allowed minutes]box (see below).
- Maximum allowed minutes
- This will be the maximum time allowed for a booking if
[Limit meeting duration]is selected (see above).
- Allow scheduling only during working hours
- Ticking this box restricts the resource/room booking to working hours (as defined in the Calendar Work Week section of the Calendar Options for this mailbox).
- Allow repeating meetings
- Ticking this box allows users to book repeating meetings in this resource/room.
- Allow conflicts
- Ticking this box allows two or more people to book the resource/room for the same time. The Resource Manager will then need to decide who gets the resource.
- Allow up to this number of individual conflicts
- This sets the maximum number of schedule conflicts that are allowed for a meeting with this resource. If more than this number of attendees have conflicts, the meeting will be declined by the resource.
- Allow up to this percentage of individual conflicts
- This sets the maximum percentage of schedule conflicts that are allowed for a meeting with this resource. If more than this percentage of attendees have conflicts, the meeting will be declined by the resource. The default is 0, i.e. no conflicts are allowed.
- Choose users and groups that have permission to schedule this resource by sending a meeting request. These users can schedule automatically if the resource is available.
- Options are:
- These users can submit a request for owner approval if the resource is available.
The functional difference here is that the specified users/group can only request the room, not book it outright. When the request is made, the resource will be tentatively booked, but the actual confirmation of booking must be approved by the Resource Delegate.
Again, if you allow 'Everyone' here, then all of the University will be able to request the resource. Alternatively, state who is allowed to book by adding their names to the
[Select one or more...]box.
- These users can schedule automatically if the resource is available and can submit a request for manual approval if the resource is unavailable
This option is useful to give someone who has more authority (e.g.: Head of the Department/College, Administrator etc) in the department the ability to book a resource if it is available and submit a request to book if the resource is unavailable. You should state who is allowed to book by this method by adding their names to the
[Select one or more...]box.
- Always add the organizer name to the meeting subject
- If you want the organiser's name to appear in the meeting subject, select this option.
- Always remove the private flag on an accepted meeting
- It is suggested that this option is left unticked
- When declining meeting requests due to a conflicting meeting:
- Always delete the following when sent to this resource:
* Contact OUCS Help Centre to request this for additional users