The difference between the versions has been significantly reduced since Nexus was first introduced. You can use either version to access your email, addressbook/contacts and calendar. You can also share your calendar and view calendars shared with you. The Full version offers some additional features, such as sharing of other items than calendars and a somewhat different way of displaying shared calendars.
To access the Full version of OWA, you must use a recent browser such as
Safari 5 and
Opera) can only access to the Light version. OUCS cannot
alter this discrepancy between browsers.
All users who wish to access their Nexus account via the web are recommended to read the Getting Started With Outlook Web App document. This will give you a introduction to how the system works. A more complete overview of the system is also available below.
- Getting Started With Outlook Web Access
- Outlook Web Access quick tips guide
- Browser security settings for Nexus and other Webauth protected services
OWA 2010 guide
- OWA Full Documentation for recent versions of Internet Explorer (7+), Firefox (4+), Safari and Chrome.
Information for OWA Light users
- OWA Light Documentation (old Internet Explorer (6) and other non-supported browsers e.g. Opera).
OWA 2007 Information for Microsoft Internet Explorer users
- This is the old documentation for the 2007 version of OWA. Only consult this documentation if you have Not been upgraded yet: OWA 2007 Full Documentation for Internet Explorer users only.